LEAK DETECTION & REPAIRS
Depending on the climate, it may not be uncommon for your pool’s water level to vary day by day. Environmental factors such as humidity and wind can have an effect, causing you to lose up to ¼ inch of water a day, or about 2 inches per week
Signs you have a pool leak:
- Pool loses more water than regular evaporation (about 1/4 inch)
- Pool has air in the system
- Equipment loses prime
- You see cracks
- Pool deck is sinking or lifting
- There are soggy spots around the pool
- You add water more than once a week
Preparing your pool for a professional leak detection
In most cases, it is recommended to have the pool vacuumed spotless prior to your detection. Leaks as large as 1″ in diameter could be missed until the dirt covering the leak is vacuumed or brushed away. Make sure the water is clean and not green. If it is green, the water may contain molds, fungus, larvae or other contaminants that could make you sick, besides making it almost impossible to test.
Have the following information ready when you call to schedule your professional pool leak detection:
- Is it a pool only or does it include a spa?
- Is the pool equipment above or below ground?
- How many pumps are there?
- Is the pool constructed of fiberglass, gunite, marcite or vinyl?
- How many skimmers are there?
- Does it leak more with the filter on or with it off?
- Are there any fittings in the floor of the pool other than the main drain?
- How much water does it lose in a 24-hour period?
Aqua Brothers has state of the art equipment and divers to detect and repair your pool leak